General Consumer Groups
- Mass Market (including paper backs)
- 60% Industry sale in the UK
- Best Selling Fiction
- Best Selling Non-Fiction
Small Press
- Independent
- Small % of the market
- More daring
- Rise in demand
- Growing Market
- Picture Books
- Younger Fiction
- General Fiction
- Teen Fiction
- Non-Fiction
- Educational
- Academic
- Reference
- Scientific
- Technical
- Professional
- Medical
- Newspapers
- Periodicals
- Magazines
- Small Press (like zines)
- Editorial
- Design
- Production
- Marketing
- Distribution
- Legal
- Administration
This week we are meant to pick a book we like and research the publisher.
Being a mom, the person I mostly buy books for is my daughter. When she was four I bought The Gruffalo. It was very moderately priced and the art work was very endearing and easy to follow. The story was also very good (even as an adult I enjoyed it) and my daughter grew up with it in her collection.
The publisher of the Gruffalo at the time I bought it was Panmacmillian.
Panmacmillan is a trading division of Macmillan Publishers, who are a division of Holtzbrink Publishing group.
Macmillan publishers have a rich history, having been founded by Daniel and Alexander Macmillian in 1843. They have published work for Rudyard Kipling, H. G. Wells and many more. They operate in over 70 countries and is one of the largest and best known international publishers.
They have published academic and scholarly, fiction and non-fiction and reference.
No comments:
Post a Comment